Museum News and Updates
- The Friends of the THC is hosting a four-part development workshop series in November, with an early-bird registration rate of $169. Participants will learn the fundamentals of fundraising, how to develop a strong case for support, what makes a successful grant proposal package, the motivations of individual donors, and the basics of running a capital campaign.
- This recent article from the American Alliance of Museums (AAM) about COVID and hurricane preparedness features several of our museum colleagues from Texas.
- The National Trust for Historic Preservation’s annual conference, Past Forward, will take place online later this month. Applications are still being accepted for their Diversity Scholarship Program, which provides opportunities to historically underrepresented groups in the historic preservation profession.
- The television show Last Week Tonight with John Oliver is offering $10,000 to five museums to display a unique group of paintings for two weeks, along with an additional $10,000 for their local food bank. Learn more.
- AAM is currently accepting applications for its Museum Assessment Program (MAP), which helps museums meet professional standards, strengthen their operations, and plan for the future.