WICHITA FALLS —Eight Wichita County arts individuals and organizations will be honored at the inaugural Arts and Cultural Empowerment (ACE) Awards luncheon presented by the Wichita Falls Alliance for Arts and Culture.
The awards recognize and honor artists, art leaders, businesses, organizations, and individuals who have displayed consistent and exemplary support of the arts and culture in Wichita County.
The honorees in each category will be announced at The ACE Awards luncheon on October 18th, 2023, at 11:30 a.m. at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Wichita Falls Convention Center. Tickets may be purchased here. For more information on the ACE Awards, click here.
The finalists in each category are:
Outstanding Arts Educator
- Robert Comello, All Hands Cultural Center
- Steve Hilton, MSU Texas
- Roger Palma, Zavala International Dancers
Business Champion of the Arts
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Wichita County
- Downtown Wichita Falls Development
The Maker Award
- Jesse Beckham, Lost Penguin Leather
- Shauna LaRocque, CrashWorks Steam Studio & Makerspace
- Erika Espinosa & Gabriela Moreno, The Modest Moon
Distinguished Artist of the Year
- Jesse Baggett
- Selena Mize
- Carter Wallace
Distinguished Cultural Organization
- Wichita Falls Museum of Art at MSU Texas
- Wichita Falls Youth Symphony Orchestra
- Zavala Hispanic Heritage Initiative
Inclusion Advancement Award
- Arts Council, Wichita Falls Area
- The Museum of North Texas History
- Wichita Falls Housing Authority
Additionally, Margie J. Reese will present the Innovation Award and Wichita Falls Mayor Stephen Santellana will present the Mayor’s Choice Award.
For all other questions about the event, please contact email@example.com.