The Wichita Falls Alliance for Arts and Culture will soon be accepting applications for the City of Wichita Falls 2022/2023 Arts & Culture Grants Program. Through a competitive grant evaluation process, support will be awarded to arts programs or projects designed to increase tourism, serve as a catalyst for economic growth, and encourage public participation in arts and cultural activities
2022 Grant Submission and Review Schedule
|Thursday, March 3||Grant application goes live at midnight.|
|Thursday, March 10|| Grant writing session for new applicants.*|
(All organizations are welcome to attend.)
|Friday, April 8||Grant applications due 11:59 p.m.|
|Thursday, April 21 &|
Friday, April 22
|Grant Review Panels.|
|Friday, May 13||Notification of scores to applicants.|
|Friday, May 20||Budget request submitted to City.|
The Alliance, on behalf of the City of Wichita Falls, has four primary funding goals and priorities for arts and culture grants:
- Provide support to arts and culture projects and programs that stimulate audience growth and encourage participation in the arts by residents and visitors to our city;
- Strengthen the organizational capacity of artists and arts organizations in an effort to offer high quality, innovative and diverse programming for the public;
- Encourage collaborations and partnerships between arts organizations and/or non-arts public service organizations;
- Preserve and promote the history, culture, and traditions of Wichita Falls.
Selection panelists are:
- Chris Flis – Whiteside Museum of Natural History, Director
- Quodesia Johnson – The Dallas Opera, Education and Company Culture Manager
- Marla Malone – Non-Profit Management Center at MSU, Assistant Director
- Carol Marlar – United Way, Executive Director
- Danny Martinez – Siloma Martin Investment Group, Corporate Development
The FY22/23 Grants Panel will be moderated by Patricia Dillmon. Ismael Duran will serve as The Alliance Board Liaison.
Residents and visitors can find events and programs produced by the grantees on the Arts and Culture calendar.
The Alliance will host a workshop designed for new applicants at 10:30 a.m. on March 10. All organizations are invited to attend.
The session will be held in person at the Wichita Falls Alliance for Arts and Culture located at 1005 9th Street, Suite 102. You can also access the meeting virtually. If you plan to attend via Zoom, please register in advance by clicking the button below.
MLK Mural at the MLK Center in Wichita Falls
A Project Funded by the City of Wichita Falls Arts & Culture Grant
Organization: Arts Council, Wichita Falls Area Inc.