Arts and Cultural Empowerment
The arts took flight during the Inaugural Arts and Cultural Empowerment (ACE) Awards at the Wichita Falls Regional Airport as artists, art leaders, businesses, organizations, and individuals were recognized for their dedication to the arts and culture in Wichita County.
Hosted by the Wichita Falls Alliance for Arts and Culture, the awards highlighted the importance of the arts as they relate to the quality of life of our region – and honored those who have made major creative achievements or significant contributions to cultural growth or development.
Finalists were scored by a selection panel made up of Carlos Aleman, Glen Bacus, Patricia Dillmon, Brenda Jarrett, and Crimson Shults. The panel reviewed 70 nominations.
Here are the finalists and winners:
Outstanding Arts Educator
- Gary Kingcade, Artist
- Jessica B. Johnson, Wichita Falls ISD – WINNER
- Dr. Matthew Luttrell, MSU Texas
Business Champion of the Arts
- 9th Street Studios
- Danny Martinez – WINNER
- KFDX/KJTL/Texoma’s Homepage
The Maker Award
- Court Glenn, Embroidery Artist
- Katie Britt, Katiedid Designz – WINNER
Distinguished Artist of the Year
- Kim Ward, The Artistry
- Mishic and Val Liberatore, Wichita Falls Ballet Theater – WINNER
- Morgan Mallory, MSU Texas
Distinguished Cultural Organization
- Arts Council Wichita Falls Area, Inc. – WINNER
- Wichita Falls Symphony Orchestra
- Zavala Hispanic Cultural Initiative
Inclusion Advancement Award
- 9th Street Studios – WINNER
- Sigma Lambda Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Wichita Falls Youth Symphony Orchestra
Margie J. Reese Innovation Award
- Adam Lynskey, Wichita Christian School
- Bob Barrow & Art Battle – WINNER
- Ismael Duran, Potencia Projects
Additionally, Wichita Falls Mayor Stephen Santellana presented the Mayor’s Choice Award to the Museum of North Texas History. This award, which he selected, was to be presented to an individual or an organization that has made a significant contribution to the arts and cultural climate of the City of Wichita Falls.
Thank you to our Sponsors:
Edward Jones: David Jameson & Bryan T. Hines
Parkey Ranch – Clay County
MJR Partners – Margie J. Reese Arts Management Services
Charley O. Farris Social Justice Resource Center • Ferguson Veresh • Farmers Insurance – Rebecca Raeke Agency • Foundation • Jameson’s Flowers • Sawyer Printing and Promo
Friends of the Arts
Higginbotham •State Farm: Tim Short
Wilson’s Office Supply • Advantage Real Estate • Tangles Salon