Activity Created by: Ferdine LeBlanc
Lesson Plans Created by: Amber Scott, Wichita Falls Alliance for Arts and Culture
Formal Lesson Plan and TEKS Information (COMING SOON!)
A self-portrait can be more than just a drawing or painting of yourself. It can be an abstract representation of who you are as a person.
Explore some famous self-portraits here. Then, write down ten things you like about yourself or make a list of things you like.
Materials for self-portraits
- List from activity 1
- paint/markers/colored pencils
- Scissors (optional)
●Place your hand on paper and trace around it with pencil or marker.
● Decorate the outside area of their hand. Decoration may be different colors y0u like, patterns/symbols, or a scene. It’s up to you!
● Once finished, look through magazines for images/letters/ text that relate to your list created in Activity 1.
● Cut or tear out pieces to glue to the inside of your hand tracing.
● You can add as much or as little as you choose!