Update on TCA’s Funding
TCA’s budget for 2020 and 2021 is now official! Governor Abbott has signed the budget into law as part of House Bill 1.
The budget adds the following amounts to TCA’s base budget:
- Exceptional Item #1 – Restore Cultural Districts Project (CDP) Grants Base-Level Funding
- TOTAL: $10,000,000 over the biennium.
- Exceptional Item #2 – Arts Healing Grants for Active Service Members and Veterans
- TOTAL: $250,000 over the biennium.
- Exceptional Item #3 – CAPPS Financials Implementation
- TOTAL: $50,000 over the biennium.
As well, the joint Conference Committee provided an additional $5,000,000 in fiscal year 2020 to provide a grant to the Flower Mound Cultural Arts Commission to construct a community cultural and performing arts center. With the additional amounts, TCA’s budget totals $16,443,038 for fiscal year 2020 and $11,493,038 for fiscal year 2021.
You can use this page to review the text of House Bill 1.
TCA is grateful for the support of Governor Abbott, the Texas Senate and the Texas House, our partners at Texans for the Arts and the Texas Cultural Trust, and for the many members of the Texas arts field who advocated for our work. We look forward to granting these funds out across the state.