Nexus Square Project
Nexus Square is a proposed collaboration between the Wichita Falls Alliance for Arts and Culture (The Alliance) and The State of Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT).
The 12-acre median near the Attebury grain elevators at Kell Blvd has the potential to transform our city by creating a space where artists, families, school children and visitors can engage with artists and art in an outdoor public art sculpture garden.
The Nexus Project activities will cover five major community development areas:
- Animation of an area near downtown
- Create a stimulus for renewed interest in investing in the downtown core of the city
- Employ artists and arts educators through commissions of large-scale temporary public art
- Provide an appealing space for neighbors to re-connect, see a performance or just walk the heritage path
- Create a new destination for tourists and visitors
The Wichita Dome – Unveiling October 6, 2018
Don’t Fence Me In
WANT TO BE PART OF THE TRANSFORMATION?