2017-18 Grants Program
The Wichita Falls Alliance for Arts and Culture (The Alliance) is the designated arts grant making agency for the City of Wichita Falls. Beginning March 2017, The Alliance will solicit applications from eligible organizations, review requests and distribute funding for arts and cultural activities. Through a competitive grant evaluation process, support will be awarded to arts programs or projects that are designed to increase tourism, serve as a catalyst for economic growth, and encourage public participation in arts and cultural activities.
For the 2017-18 fiscal year, applications must be submitted to The Alliance through it’s online portal by midnight, Friday April 7, 2017. (Mailed or hand delivered applications will not be accepted. Organizations may submit additional relevant support materials via mail or hand deliver to The Alliance office.)
Goals and Priorities
The Alliance, on behalf of the City of Wichita Falls, has four primary funding goals and priorities for arts and culture grants:
- Provide support to arts and culture projects and programs that stimulate audience growth and encourage participation in the arts by residents and visitors to our city;
- Strengthen the organizational capacity of artists and arts organizations in an effort to offer high quality, innovative and diverse programming for the public;
- Encourage collaborations and partnerships between arts organizations and/or non-arts public service organizations;
- Preserve and promote the history, culture and traditions of Wichita Falls.
Please Review Before You Begin the Application
- The Alliance accepts applications from 501(c) 3 organizations that have arts and cultural programming at the core of their mission. Grants are not made to individuals. Individual Artists are encouraged to partner with eligible organizations to create new work, present projects or develop activities under the Innovation Grant program.
- Applicants must be based in Wichita Falls.
- Beginning with the 2017-18 fiscal year, grantees will be required to submit a final report at the end of the project year. Failure to comply with this requirement will deem grantees ineligible for future funding.
- All applicants are required to attend one grant workshop offered by The Alliance.