National Arts and Humanities Month
Celebrate National Arts and Humanities Month
National Arts and Humanities Month (NAHM) is a coast-to-coast collective celebration of culture in America. Each year since 1993, NAHM has helped give millions of Americans the opportunity to explore new facets of the arts and humanities in their lives and has encouraged them to begin a lifelong habit of active participation.
Ways Individuals Can Celebrate
- Participate in Show Your Art, a social media campaign for people in communities across the country to showcase their art and the art they love during the month of October. Hashtag your Instagram photos and videos using #ShowYourArt2018 and #NAHM. Americans for the Arts will feature select photos throughout the month-long National Arts and Humanities Month campaign.
- Grab a friend and go to a museum, a play, a festival, or outdoor concerts. Have kids? Make it a family outing!
- Try something new and take a class in creative writing, dance, painting, or whatever strikes your fancy.
- Unveil a new project, product, or service during National Arts & Humanities Month.
- Make a video about what the arts mean to you and post it on YouTube. Don’t forget to send us the link!
- Enjoy the arts with people you love. Sing, play music, read a book, dance or draw together.
- Write to your member of Congress, letting him/her how important arts and arts education funding is to you, your family and your community.